8/20/09

Brooklyn,NY








Sophia and I had a big adventure this past weekend. We took a flight up to the Big Apple to visit Aunt Rinnie and Uncle Edward. The weekend couldn't have been better.
Sophia did great on the flight, sleeping soundly from take off to landing. I'm sure the other passengers were just as pleased as I was. Uncle Edward navigated the BQE to pick us up at JFK and escort us back to their apartment in Brooklyn. Mia (grandmom) was able to spend Thursday night with us as she had a "summer Friday" the next day. Sophia and I spent that day learning the neighborhood and helping Mia find an apartment for her and Poppop. We found a great one with a fantastic view of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan Skyline. Not bad. Aunt Rinnie had a great itinerary laid out for us for the weekend. We did some shopping, some picnicking in the park, and some great eating. It was sad to have to leave on Sunday but I'm sure we'll be back to visit. The other photos are of Sophia and her new favorite toy. She has essentially figured out how to get from her belly to standing and is now quite independent. Watch out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment